Fórum Aves
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting

4 participantes

Ir para baixo

EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting Empty EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting

Mensagem por Colin Key Dom Fev 03, 2008 11:51 am

Let us hope that this is a significant "turn in the tide" for Malta's stance on hunting of wild birds:

http://www.birdlife.org/news/news/2008/01/Malta_Court.html

Colin
Colin Key
Colin Key

Número de Mensagens : 791
Local : Algarve

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting Empty Re: EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting

Mensagem por Gonçalo Elias Dom Fev 03, 2008 12:47 pm

They should never have allowed Malta in unless they banned hunting. Now it is (obviously) more difficult.

1 abraço,
Gonçalo
Gonçalo Elias
Gonçalo Elias

Número de Mensagens : 25581

EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting Empty Re: EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting

Mensagem por Joost Valkenburg Seg Fev 04, 2008 11:55 am

I hope this is the time the Maltese get some(a lot I hope) restrictions concerning all bird hunting.

I always wonder how we can live in the european union whit so many diferent laws!! How is it possible that in holland we spend millions on protecting birds that can be shot in other european countries.

How is it still possible that in the autum/ winter there are still shot hundreds of thousands of thrushes in Portugal!!

All the best and best whishes for all birds and birders

Joost

Joost Valkenburg

Número de Mensagens : 173

EU takes Malta to Court over illegal hunting Empty Maltese celebrities against spring hunting

Mensagem por Colin Key Qua Fev 13, 2008 11:56 am

From Birdlife International today:

http://www.birdlife.org/news/news/2008/02/maltacelebrities.html

The pressure is on!!

Colin
Colin Key
Colin Key

Mensagem por Joost Valkenburg Seg Fev 18, 2008 1:36 am

Maltese ringers in problems.... check the link http://www.birdlifemalta.org/view.aspx?id=70

Joost Valkenburg

Número de Mensagens : 173

Mensagem por Colin Key Seg Fev 18, 2008 4:53 am

Thanks for the link Joost, I was just about to post something on this myself. I was made aware of the incident in a message from a young Maltese birder who is involved with Birdlife International over there.

Thankfully no-one has been killed or injured (yet) but people there are now very frightened.

Hopefully this sort of act which will get wide publicity in Malta will work against the hunter's objectives by turning more of the general public against them.

Colin Evil or Very Mad
Colin Key
Colin Key

Mensagem por Pedro Marques Qua Jan 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Demand that Malta respects the EU law and stops killing of protected birds

TAKE ACTION NOW AND SIGN THE PETITION

Abraço,
Pedro
Pedro Marques
Pedro Marques

Número de Mensagens : 1444
Local : São Domingos de Rana

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedrolmarques

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo